Hyppää sisältöön

My Jhonas Enroth Collection

• Vastaukset 125
  • Created
  • Viimeisin vastaus

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another big mail day for the collection with this "Monsterous" additon to the Jhonas Enroth collection!

2009-10 O-Pee-Chee Premier Signings Triple Gold Henrik Lundqvist, Jhonas Enroth, Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson 1/5

09-10-o-pee-chee-premier-signings-triple

It's not everyday that you can knock off a 10-year-old card off the want list, especially a tough triple autographed card like this one. I can safely say that most (if not all) the other 4 copies are stashed away in collections at this point.

This card also marks my 12th jersey numbered Enroth card in the process. Not a bad snag at all! I was so stoked to get this in the mail today!

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated the Enroth collection with two cards this afternoon! 

First up is a 2010-11 ITG He Shoots - He Saves triple memorabilia card 7/20. I already had this card but picked it up due to the swatch colour (black) that I didn't have yet. I made the decision recently to go after swatch variations in order to make this collection as well-rounded as possible. 

Next up is a 2013-14 Panini Totally Certified Gold 1/25 - Enroth's jersey number! This is my 13th jersey numbered card in my collection right now. Happy to have snagged it!

10-11-itg-he-shoots-he-saves-redemotion-13-14-totally-certified-gold-1-25-enroth

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the collection with 3 cards today! 

First up are two duplicates. I started really focusing on snagging different swatch colours. I've seen other player collectors do this for years and now I'm finally getting on board, as it allows me to keep extending this collection, making in more well-rounded.

13-14-panini-totally-certified-red-navy-10-11-itg-btp-masked-men-emerald-340-jho

Next up is this sweet 2008-2009 ITG Between The Pipes Masked Men Gold (2015-16 ITG Final Vault Gold Stamp 1/1). 

2008-09-itg-btp-masked-men-gold-jhonas-e

I know the addition of Vault cards might not interest much collectors, but I personally really like adding them when I can. It provides a nice variety that I am looking for in this collection and adding another 1/1 (#53 !!) to the PC never gets old. 

With this 3-card update, the collection now stands at a whopping 535 cards. 550 is coming up quick! 

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated the collection with another "new" addition today!

2009-2010 Upper Deck SP Authentic Sign Of The Times "Gold Autograph Variant"

I stumbled upon this unique SOTT card last week and noticed it has a gold autograph on the card instead of blue ink, so I needed to have it. 

Who knows how many of these cards have a gold autograph on it (10? 5? 1?), making it a welcome addition to my extensive Jhonas Enroth PC. 

09-10-spa-sott-gold-autograph-variation-

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...

Now for another update today!

The Ready, Willing and Able Vault card marks my 30th ITG Final Vault card in my collection. It's been a blast acquiring these "new" cards for my collection and we'll see how much more I can end up adding. 

Next up is the first of the 2019-2020 SeReal KHL Leaders product that Enroth was recently included in, marking the final boxed product of the 19-20 release calendar. While today's main addition is just a base card, I'm hopeful I can add more cards from this limited release.

Going into the 2020-2021 season, with Enroth making the move to the SHL (Sweden) his cardboard future is up in the air, which was inevitable at some point. Who knows how many brand new cards I'll see produced going forward, but I'll be along for the ride at all stops on my player collecting journey.

Enjoy!

10-11-rwaa-enroth-miller-black-15-16-itg2019-20-sereal-khl-leaders-jhonas-enroth

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the collection tonight with some impressive additions that I'm very fortunate enough to have tracked down, including my very first KHL "True" 1/1! 

Here's the goods:

- 2019-20 SeReal KHL Leaders Blue Parallel /10
- 2019-20 SeReal KHL Leaders Autographs 3/5
- 2019-20 SeReal KHL Leaders Holographic Parallel 1/1

19-20-sereal-khl-leaders-blue-parallel-119-20-sereal-khl-leaders-autographs-5-jh19-20-sereal-khl-leaders-holographic-par

The scans don't do these cards justice. Check out what the holo effect looks like in natural light:

khl-autographed-card-19-20-enroth.jpg?16

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the Enroth collection this afternoon with a milestone of sorts... My very first BuyBack card! 

I always appreciated BuyBack cards and the 'stories' they bring to a collection. Connecting the dots to see how a previously released card can somehow reemerge inside a current product is a concept I very much enjoy. While some collectors might see BuyBacks as something that means nothing or is a waste, I personally don't think that way. I like to think of BuyBack cards, no matter which new attribute added (autograph, stamp, encasing, etc), as cards that can help differentiate a collection in a refreshing way. 

These BCCG Slabbed BuyBack rookie cards were included inside the retail exclusive 2020 Gems Of The Game product released earlier this year, created by MJ Holdings. I kind of figured there would definitely be a Jhonas Enroth Young Guns inserted in this product, but for a small retail release like this, you can never be 100% sure until you seen one. I'm glad I could add this 'new' card to the collection today!

2020 Gems Of The Game Rookie Card BuyBack - 2009-10 Upper Deck Young Guns RC Jhonas Enroth

2020-gems-of-the-game-rookie-buyback-bcc

Jaa muilla sivustoilla

Back at it again this afternoon with a sweet update... The Gold Parallel /5! 

19-20-sereal-khl-leaders-gold-parallel-5

This Gold Parallel finally finishes off the 2019-20 SeReal KHL Leaders 6-card rainbow... something I never thought I'd complete due to the 1/1 Holographic parallel card.

Check it out!

19-20-sereal-khl-rainbow-6-cards-jhonas-

Jaa muilla sivustoilla

To top 2020 off on a good note, I recently added my 55th 1/1 card to my collection:

2019-20 SeReal KHL Leaders Magenta Printing Plate 1/1 

19-20-sereak-khl-leaders-base-magenta-pr

I really like how the design of the card is designed to look exactly like the base set so the printing plate can mesh well with the card border. Nice touch by SeReal here. 

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...

First card of 2021 was added to my collection today... and it's a beauty! Home at last is the 2019-2020 President's Choice Solitaire HI-Lites 1/1! 

2019-20-presidents-choice-solitaire-hi-l

Aside from being added to the checklist based on my suggestion, this card marks my 56th Enroth 1/1 card in my collection. My 550th card in total.

Jaa muilla sivustoilla

Here's a cool oddball addition to end the week. I've seen some of these sets on eBay and on a Russian card forum. The Enroth versions were going quick, so I snagged one. I really dig the "Northern Lights" background on this card. Looks great. 

TAIGA Cards 2019 IIHF World Hockey Championships

18-19-taiga-cards-2019-iihf-world-champi

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back-to-back months I'll starting off with a new 1/1 card for the collection. Hey, I'll take it!

Don't see too many of these rookie-year plates floating around nowadays, I was stoked to land this Yellow Black Diamond Rookie Gems Printing Plate from the 2009-10 The Cup Rookie Masterpieces set. 

09-10-the-cup-rookie-masterpieces-printi

Closing in on 60 1/1's for this collection with this new addition. Noice!

Jaa muilla sivustoilla
12 hours ago, MOGO89 said:

Love The Cup Plate, congrats!

Tatu

Thank you, Tatu! The Cup has the best printing plate out there by far. I really enjoy picking them up for the collection when I can.

Speaking of 1/1's.... added another one today. My 3rd 1/1 of 2021! 58th 1/1 in total as of today.

2010-11 ITG Between The Pipes Ready, Willing & Able Jhonas Enroth/Ryan Miller (Silver Version) - 2011 Toronto Spring Expo Show Stamped 1/1

enroth-miller-sabres-10-11-rwaa-silver-t

Jaa muilla sivustoilla